Blog Disaster!

The bloggers had a slightly upsetting afternoon!

After slaving after our blog, it unexpectedly disappeared šŸ™ the whole thing was gone, they were very upset. And so was I, because now you have to settle for my simple, less exciting, version of the blog.

Happy half term, How time flies! We have had yet another brilliant week. I was absent on Monday and the children we taught by Mrs Johnston. She was also with me on Tuesday morning and was so impressed by the children’s progress in their reading and writing. The behaviour has also improved this week with the children enjoying some golden time this afternoon.

In IPEELL we have been writing our biographies, we have had an focus on cumulative re-reading to make sure we are proof reading our work every 2 sentences to prevent silly errors. The writing is fantastic and after half term we will be writing a final draft and we will all be using pens which is very exciting for the children!

In maths we have continued with long multiplication as we have got a bit stuck with it. I am going to stress how important it is that the children learn their multiplication tables as these are the foundations which will unlock their learning in this area.

As it is maths week, we have had a maths carousel on Tuesday. We combined with 5SK, 6RK and 6MJ and split into our houses. The children went to each teacher for a “magic maths” workshop in each. It was great fun! Continuing with our magic maths theme we had a magician visit us on Thursday where we were shown a few magical tricks.

It has also been Internet Safety week and we talked about being an “upstander” rather than a “bystander.” We learnt about the dangers of the internet and what we would do if we heard about a dangerous or inappropriate incident. We created posters for this.

Allerton High also welcomed us back for more Science on Wednesday. We tested for Hydrogen in the “squeeky pop” experiment. A special well done to Ayush who acted as an extra lab technician for Mr Allcock.

Homework is page 23 in Grammar and to learn those times tables! An extra task for the children to research animals in the Arctic and Antarctica and create a fact file to share in the first week back.

Have a great half term,

Miss Murphy šŸ™‚